In an effort to reduce the potential exposure to our police officers and the community, the Village of North Riverside has temporarily adjusted our police response procedures. The COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving, and these adjustments help us to continue to provide quality police service during this ever-changing event.
The North Riverside Police Department will only be responding to High Priority/Emergency Calls for service, including but not limited to:
- Calls Involving Violence/Probability of Violence or Crimes Against Individuals
- Crimes in Progress
- All Disturbances
- Traffic Accidents involving injuries or lane blockage
- Alarm Calls
- Any calls where evidence needs to be collected or a crime scene needs to be processed.
- Suspicious persons or vehicle calls
- Ambulance calls involving serious injury/Unconsciousness/Possibility of Death
- Any call that the on-duty supervisor determines that a physical response is appropriate.
All non-emergency calls for service that require a police report such as delayed calls for thefts, property crimes, suspicious or harassing phone calls will be handled over the phone with the officer. We strongly encourage residents with these types of non-emergency calls for service to contact the police via our non-emergency number:
My staff and I are monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic 24/7. I am in constant contact with Mayor Hermanek and Village Administrator Sue Scarpiniti. We will continue working with neighboring police departments to create plans to ensure a seamless operation should any of our personnel require quarantine due to a possible or confirmed exposure. We are committed to serving the Village of North Riverside. Rest assured that either by telephone or in-person.