As you are aware, North Riverside reopened all Village facilities on Monday, June 1, 2020 for any village business that requires in-person transactions. Access to our facilities is still being limited and residents are encouraged to use online, email and telephone options whenever possible to complete their transactions.
With this reopening, the Village would like to advise patrons what they can expect when doing in-person business at the Village Commons, 2401 S. DesPlaines Ave.
- A face mask or covering will be required to enter the building.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all service counters.
- Patrons will be asked to maintain social distancing by remaining 6 ft. away from others. Markers on the floor will designate appropriate areas to wait for assistance.
- A limited number of patrons will be allowed to enter the Village Commons at one time. This will ensure that appropriate social distancing can be accommodated and crowds avoided. We ask that you remain patient if you are asked to wait either outside or in your vehicle before being allowed to enter the building.
- Meetings with village staff will be conducted via appointment only. This will allow us to reserve an appropriate meeting room with proper social distancing guidelines. Patrons are asked to call the Village at 708-447-4211 to schedule those appointments in advance.
- Meetings rooms will be reserved for use by village staff only. Outside groups and associations will not be permitted use of the Village Commons until Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan.
- Public meetings of the Village Board will continue to operate via Zoom Teleconferencing. Comments and questions for consideration at a public meeting will be accepted by email only to email@example.com by 3pm on the date of the meeting.
Although the Village Commons has reopened to the public, the Village strongly encourages the public to continue using established NO CONTACT methods of conducting village business. These options include online payment of water bills, vehicle stickers, recreation programs and police tickets, payment over the phone, use of email, or the Village's drop doxes located outside the entrances of Village Commons.
Thank you for your continued patience during this pandemic. Village staff is always available to assist patrons with their needs in the safest way possible.